Sunday, June 1, 2014

Louie Schwartzberg

I first learned of Louie Schwartzberg when he gave a TED Talk a few years ago.  About six months ago, I discovered a few of his short films, on Netflix that completely blew me away.  Then a couple months after that, I came across an interview he did with Oprah.  If you have not heard of this person, and you love nature and photography like me, you need to know who he is.

He is on a short list of people who inspire me and one of two major contributing factors that prompted me to finally make the move to Oregon and get involved with conservation work.  His feelings on photography and how important it can be are thought provoking.  His Moving Art:  Oceans film is probably the single most beautiful piece of cinematography I have ever seen.  It perfectly portrays what I love so much about the west coast.



“I hope my films inspire and open people’s hearts.  Beauty is nature’s tool for survival – you protect what you love.  If I can move enough people on an emotional level, I hope we can achieve the shift in consciousness we need to sustain and celebrate life.” - Louie Schwartzberg
I hope you take some time to learn more about his work, his message and take away a little something like I did that can change your world too.

My photography is a work in progress but I hope one day to be half as good as Schwartzberg.  To see my nature journey in photos, visit my Flickr page here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment